ShorePoint is a cybersecurity services firm with a focus on high-profile, high-threat private and public-sector customers who demand experience and proven security models to protect their data. We are seeking an exceptional candidate to serve as a Vulnerability Scanning Engineer to provide operational support to Phase 1 VUL tools at multiple federal agencies through the CDM Program. The CDM Program is a high-profile, high-visibility, cybersecurity modernization and risk management program where you can contribute innovative solutions. This is a unique opportunity to shape the growth, development and culture of an exciting and emerging company in the cybersecurity market.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Install, design, and maintain Phase 1 VUL tools such as Retina, Tenable Security Center, McAfee MVM
- Accomplish extract, transform, and load operations to retrieve enrichment content from existing hardware, software, system boundary inventories
- Operate and maintain existing Phase 1 tools to support mission objectives as necessary
- Collaborate among various technical teams to support an existing CDM solution by supporting existing Phase 1 activities at federal agencies
- Provide Tier III and act as SME for operations analysts and Tier II support teams
- Minimum 2 years of experience with one of the Phase 1 VUL tools such as Retina, Tenable Security Center, McAfee MVM
- Knowledge of deploying and configuring software in enterprise environments
- Demonstrated effective communications skills, both oral and written
- Experience with Windows desktop and server operating systems to include group policy object, configuration management, and Active Directory administration
- Proficiency with Linux operating systems (specifically Red Hat Enterprise Linux) as an administrator.
- Supporting virtualized environments
- Experience with administration of networking technologies including LAN/WAN, wireless, and VPN.
- Ability to troubleshoot wide-ranging issues that cross team boundaries (OS, hardware, software, network, storage, firewall, COTS layers, customer access/authentication)
- Familiarity with Remedy and/or Service Now incident and change management
- Applicable Vendor Certified Administration certification is a plus
Must be clearable to DHS EOD. Secret clearance preferred.