ShorePoint is a cybersecurity services firm with a focus on high-profile, high-threat private and public-sector customers who demand experience and proven security models to protect their data. We are seeking a Senior Security Engineer who has experience providing Security Engineering and System Administration in the federal market. This is a unique opportunity to shape the growth, development and culture of an exciting and emerging company in the cybersecurity market.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Designs, develops, tests, and evaluates information system security throughout the systems development life cycle.
- Designs, develops, integrates, and updates system security measures that provide confidentiality, integrity, availability, authentication, and non-repudiation.
- Develops risk mitigation strategies to resolve vulnerabilities, recommend security changes to system or system components as needed
- Performs security reviews, and identify security gaps in architecture.
- Performs risk analysis (e.g., threat, vulnerability, and probability of occurrence) whenever an application or system undergoes a major change.
- Abilty to perform engineering support and system administration of specialized cybersecurity applications and systems to include installation, configuration, maintenance, patching, and back-up/restore
- Expertise necessary to provide subject matter expertise in creation, editing, and management of signatures, rules, filters, and custom content for specialized cybersecurity systems including but not limited to network and host-based IDS, IPS, firewall, web application firewall, proxy, CASB, DLP and SIEM systems
- Experience in applying cybersecurity and privacy principles to organizational requirements
- Proficiency in designing countermeasures to identified security risks
- Experience evaluating the adequacy of security designs
- Knowledge of network systems management principles, models, methods (e.g., end-to-end systems performance monitoring), and tools.
- Knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP, Dynamic Host Configuration, Domain Name System (DNS), and directory services.
- Knowledge of network design processes, to include understanding of security objectives, operational objectives, and trade-offs.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously; coordinating resources and ensuring scheduled goals are met
- Ability to make decisions and resolve problems effectively – Seek out information and data to evaluate, prioritize and formulate best solution or practice
- Must be able to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team, share workloads,and deal with sudden shifts in project priorities
- Knowledge of service management concepts for networks and related standards
- Strong experience in database operations and system/network administration
- Deep understanding and proficiency in network security architecture concepts including topology, protocols, components, and principles
- Skill in designing security controls based on cybersecurity principles and tenets
- Ability to effectively interact with various levels of senior management is necessary
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical IT field
Years of Experience Requirement
- 7+ years of relevant cyber security experience
- Preferred – ISC2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Preferred – Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC)
- Preferred – EC-Council EC-Council Certified Network Defense Architect (CNDA) and/or Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Preferred – ITIL v3 Foundations certification
- Arlington, VA
- Must be a U.S Citizen