ShorePoint is a cybersecurity services firm with a focus on high-profile, high-threat private and public-sector customers who demand experience and proven security models to protect their data. We are seeking a Security Systems Administrator who have experience installing, configuring and maintaining IT systems and applications in the federal market. This is a unique opportunity to shape the growth, development and culture of an exciting and emerging company in the cybersecurity market.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for operating and maintaining a broad set of security tools (e.g. for example, installing, configuring, and updating hardware and software; establishing and managing user accounts; overseeing or conducting backup and recovery tasks; implementing operational and technical security controls; and adhering to organizational security policies and procedures).
- Typical duties include monitoring of the environment, regular maintenance of data center equipment and software to include patch-management and tuning, customer facing product support, regular backups, remote software installations/troubleshooting, and implementation and maintenance of a disaster recovery plan.
- Deep knowledge in the following areas: network and host based firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, data loss prevention, vulnerability scanning, anti-malware and spam protection, secure data transmission technologies, and network monitoring/protection solutions.
- Proficiency in all aspects of IT system administration including monitoring system hardware availability, functionality, integrity, and efficiency; and managing system/server resources including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability
- Experience designing group policies and access control lists to ensure compatibility with Federal organizational standards, business rules, and needs
- Demonstrated ability to deploy, configure, and manage the security implementation and maintenance of all IT equipment, including managing anti-virus software, vulnerability scanning and firewall policies
- Strong technical experience in installing, updating, and troubleshooting systems/servers
- Experience managing accounts, network rights, and access to systems and equipment
- Ability to provide ongoing optimization and problem-solving support
- Experience creating and maintaining network and system diagrams
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously; coordinating resources and ensuring scheduled goals are met
- Ability to make decisions and resolve problems effectively – Seek out information and data to evaluate, prioritize and formulate best solution or practice
- Must be able to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team, share workloads,and deal with sudden shifts in project priorities
- Knowledge of modern software development and deployment practices including unit testing, continuous integration and continuous deployment
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical IT field
- Preferred – MA/MS in a technical/cyber-related field
Years of Experience Requirement
- 7+ years of relevant cyber security experience
- Relevant industry certification preferred
- Arlington, VA
- Must be a U.S Citizen