ShorePoint is a cybersecurity services firm with a focus on high-profile, high-threat private and public-sector customers who demand experience and proven security models to protect their data.We are seeking a Phase 1 Operations Analyst – VUL who has experience operating and maintaining enterprise vulnerability scanning solutions for identifying vulnerabilities across all IP addressable devices every three days in the federal market. This is a unique opportunity to shape the growth, development and culture of an exciting and emerging company in the cybersecurity market.
The Phase I Operations Analyst – VUL is responsible for operating and maintaining the following capabilities for the 9 CDM DEFEND E agencies: Tenable Nessus enterprise scanning capabilities Government customer environments. Serve as a member of a diverse team of experts providing world-class operations and maintenance support demonstrating thought leadership in maintaining and executing vulnerability management capabilities. The Phase I Operations Analyst VUL will need to be familiar with the methodologies and tools used for CDM capabilities such as McAfee, IBM IEM (BigFix), TripWire IP360, Tenable Nessus, RSA Archer, ForeScout, and others. The candidate will work closely with the CDM solution architects, testers, training teams and the agencies themselves to ensure a successful operations and maintenance of VUL capabilities.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Operate and maintain Tenable Nessus deployments across 9 different Departments and Agencies
- Provide technical support for the Tenable Nessus scanning solution including executing scans, perform daily administration support, and maintain version status for all deployed products
- Escalate technical issues to the engineering team and Tenable Nessus support as needed
- Provide support in the capture of CVE enumeration and reporting to the CDM dashboard of vulnerability status across the enterprise
- Provide guidance and direction to Government customers using best practice software deployment strategies using existing tools like SCCM
- Balance network scanning schedules with the mission impact and network performance across the enterprise
- Serve as an escalation point for Tenable Nessus product issues from either Government or internal customers
- Create technical documents, drawings, how-to guides and other deliverables
- Adhere to security best practices and comply with government standards
- Analyze mission requirements and make recommendations
- Communicate and present recommendations to senior engineers or managers in written and oral format
- Maintain knowledge of security regulations, best practices, countermeasures, compliance standards, and current threats
- Assist in the design and build out of the CDM laboratory for DEV, TEST and pre-PROD environments for each of the agencies.
- Prior experience, preferably 2+ years on a Cyber security project using tools such as Tenable Nessus, Rapid7, Retina, McAfee ePO, Policy Auditor, Application Control, ServiceNow, TripWire IP360, RSA Archer
- Experience balancing the demands of multiple clients simultaneously
- Exceptional customer focus and bias for action
- Candidates must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast-moving environment
- Experience managing personnel and/or leading teams of subordinates
Prior CDM experience preferred, but not required.
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Years of Experience Requirement
3 years of overall IT or Cyber experience
- CISSP Certification preferred, but not required.
- CEH or appropriate vulnerability scanning certification preferred, but not required
Candidate is required to attain a Public Trust Clearance and those in current access will gain first preference.