ShorePoint is a cybersecurity services firm with a focus on high-profile, high-threat private and public-sector customers who demand experience and proven security models to protect their data. We are seeking a Network Systems Operations Specialist who has experience planning, implementing, and operating network services/systems, to include hardware and virtual environments in the federal market. This is a unique opportunity to shape the growth, development and culture of an exciting and emerging company in the cybersecurity market.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Plans, implements, and operates network services/systems, to include hardware and virtual environments.
- Integrate, Configure and optimize physical and virtual network hardware and software.
- Develop and implement network backup and recovery procedures.
- Integrate new systems into existing network architecture.
- Monitor network capacity and performance.
- Patch network vulnerabilities to ensure that information is safeguarded against outside parties.
- Expert knowledge of routing, TCP/IP, Dynamic Host Configuration, Domain Name System (DNS), and directory services.
- Expert knowledge of network systems management principles, models, methods (e.g., end-to-end systems performance monitoring), and tools.
- Working knowledge of the UNIX, Linux and Windows Operating System’s and familiarity with a variety of subsidiary support systems.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, Office 365, Azure and AWS cloud services.
- Working knowledge of VMWare ESX and Redhat OS virtualization.
- Experience with monitoring, data backups and recovery techniques, system utilization, and recovery testing.
- Experience creating and maintaining network and system diagrams.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity and privacy principles used to manage risks related to the use, processing, storage, and transmission of information or data.
- Must have the ability and desire to solve problems and work in a highly technical environment.
- Must be detailed oriented and possess good technical writing skills.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously; coordinating resources and ensuring scheduled goals are met
- Ability to make decisions and resolve problems effectively – Seek out information and data to evaluate, prioritize and formulate best solution or practice
- Must be able to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team, share workloads,and deal with sudden shifts in project priorities
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical IT field
Years of Experience Requirement
- 4 to 6 years of directly related work experience
- Relevant industry certification preferred
- Washington, D.C
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance