ShorePoint is a cybersecurity services firm with a focus on high-profile, high-threat private and public-sector customers who demand experience and proven security models to protect their data. We are seeking a Mid-level Security Systems Administrator who has experience testing, implementing, deploying, maintaining, and administering dedicated cyber defense hardware and software in the federal market. This is a unique opportunity to shape the growth, development and culture of an exciting and emerging company in the cybersecurity market.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Tests, implements, deploys, maintains, and administers dedicated cyber defense hardware and software. Performs system administration on specialized cyber defense applications and systems (e.g., antivirus, audit and remediation) to include installation, configuration, maintenance, backup, and restoration.
- Coordinate with Cyber Defense Analysts to manage and administer the updating of rules and signatures (e.g., intrusion detection/protection systems, antivirus, CASB and content blacklists) for specialized cyber defense applications.
- Assist in identifying, prioritizing, and coordinating the protection of critical cyber defense infrastructure and key resources.
- Assist in assessing the impact of implementing and sustaining a dedicated cyber defense infrastructure.
- Administer test bed(s), and test and evaluate applications, hardware infrastructure, rules/signatures, access controls, and configurations of platforms managed by service provider(s).
- Identify potential conflicts with implementation of any cyber defense tools (e.g., tool and signature testing and optimization).
- Experience in developing and deploying critical security architecture solutions such as SEIM, Firewalls, IDS/IPS, CASB, Proxies, DLP, Virtualization, and Host security solutions.
- Ability to perform basic Phishing Triage – analyze message headers and identify actionable indicators for remediation.
- Intermediate working knowledge in the following areas: network and host based firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, data loss prevention, vulnerability scanning, anti-malware and spam protection, secure data transmission technologies, and network monitoring/protection solutions.
- Experience with more than one Cyber Security tool, including: Configuration Assessment, Log Aggregation, Integrity Verification, Web Application Security Testing, Network Access Control System, Network Intrusion prevention systems, and Endpoint Security Solutions.
- Working knowledge of SIEM/VTM technologies, cloud security, application security, network security and disaster recovery.
- Demonstrated ability to deploy, configure, and manage the security implementation and maintenance of all IT equipment, including managing anti-virus software, vulnerability scanning and firewall policies
- Strong written and verbal technical communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop effective working relationships that improved the quality of work products.
- Should be well organized, thorough, and able to handle competing priorities.
- Ability to maintain focus and develop proficiency in new skills rapidly.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment and effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously; coordinating resources and ensuring scheduled goals are met.
- Ability to make decisions and resolve problems effectively – Seek out information and data to evaluate, prioritize and formulate best solution or practice.
- Must be able to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team, share workloads,and deal with sudden shifts in project priorities.
- Ability to review and provide guidance for security configuration of servers, firewalls, VPN, IPS, routers and switches.
- Experience analyzing scan results and engaging with stakeholders to resolve identified vulnerabilities; document exceptions, and false positives.
- Ability to develop and train junior level security system administrators and create strong partnerships across all areas of IT where it touches security.
- Knowledge of modern software development and deployment practices including unit testing, continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical IT field
Years of Experience Requirement
- Four (4) to six (6) years of relevant cyber-security experience
- Relevant industry certification preferred
- Arlington, VA
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain customer required security clearance