ShorePoint is a cybersecurity services firm with a focus on high-profile, high-threat private and public-sector customers who demand experience and proven security models to protect their data. We are seeking a Junior Accoutant who will support the growth of the company by assisting with the prepration of accurate and timely financial statements. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly growing company while learning on the job and taking on additional financial reporting responsibilities.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Junior Accountant at ShorePoint will provide full lifecycle accounting support. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Process Accounts Payable, including setting up new vendors, reviewing invoices for accuracy and entering into the Accounting system.
- Process Accounts Receivable, including reviewing employee timecards, preparing invoices in accordance with contract requirements, and answering client questions.
- Process Payroll, including employee changes and assistance.
- Assist with monthly ledger reconciliation and required journal entries.
- Assist in completing audits.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills are paramount.
- Ability to adapt to changing demands and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Skillful in the use of discretion to be a trustworthy steward of confidential information.
Years of Experience Requirement
- 0 – 2 years of experience.
- Accounting degree required.
- Ability to take initiative to solve problems independently and creatively.
- Negotiation and networking skills will be useful in this role.
- Herndon, VA.