ShorePoint is a cybersecurity services firm with a focus on high-profile, high-threat private and public-sector customers who demand experience and proven security models to protect their data. We are seeking a Elasticsearch Engineer who have experience desigining, building, securing and maintaining Elasticsearch solutions deployed in the federal market. This is a unique opportunity to shape the growth, development and culture of an exciting and emerging company in the cybersecurity market. The position is supporting a high profile, high visibility, cybersecurity modernization and risk management program.
Roles and Responsibilities
- The Elasticsearch Engineer is responsible for working with the Service Design Team to design, document, build, secure, and maintain Elastic Stack Enterprise solutions (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, and Beats, with X-Pack subscription) deployed in the Cloud or on-premise proofed in a Lab environment to support federal agency production deployments.
- The Elasticsearch Engineer will work closely with architects, engineers, and integrators to assess customer requirements and to design and support an Elasticsearch Stack solution to ensure compliance with dashboard data requirements.
- Follow life cycle processes to move solutions from Dev to Test to Production.
- Participate in group sessions as well as attend and share in agile sprint daily meetings in order to track progress to ensure development of solutions is in support of the CDM project and customer requirements.
- Serve as a trusted advisor, providing subject matter expertise, guidance, and best practice recommendations.
- Configuring and maintaining Linux based Operating Systems in support of the Elasticsearch products (yum updates and product version upgrades)
- Installing and configuring an Elastic Cloud Enterprise solution in a lab and ensuring communication and integration among the Elasticsearch products and data sources
- Documenting the installation and configuration for deployment into production
- Securing the solution by being familiarity with TLS, certificates, SSO/PIV authentication, and encryption technologies
- Working with the data lifecycle management
- Testing data flows, troubleshooting issues, and monitoring the health of the solution and servers to maximize performance and minimize downtime
- Working with a team and providing analysis of alternatives and progress status in daily sprint meetings
- Meet professional obligations through efficient work habits such as, meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating resources and meetings in an effective and timely manner
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with other departments, groups and personnel with whom work must be coordinated or interface
- Recommend enhancements and modifications to optimize business intelligence processes
- 2+ years of Elastic Stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Beats, Kibana, and X-pack) experience in production
- Linux, CentOS and/or Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) experience
- Experience with Elastic Cloud Enterprise (ECE) a plus
- Experience with data ingest, Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) techniques preferable Logstash and Beats
- Experience with multi-node clustering, architecture, development, implementation, and health monitoring of the system. Knowledge of hot/warm/cold data/index lifecycle management (ILM) and Curator implementations
- Knowledge of Elasticsearch Management
- Knowledge of reindexing and data mappings
- Knowledge of JSON and KQL searching syntax
- Knowledge of Kibana dashboard options
- Experience with automated configuration management tool and playbooks (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, SaltStack) and (Docker) containers, and version control systems (GitHub, GitLab)
- Experience with cloud infrastructure preferably Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Azure
- Experience with NoSQL and related solutions: MongoDB, Apache Lucene, Apache Solr, etc.
- Experience working in DevOps structured and Agile organizations
- Excellent communication, and relationship skills to articulate advanced technical topics and build consensus among clients and technical stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and collaborations skills working in a team-oriented environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adhere to defined processes & procedures, and suggest improvements
- Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong technical documentation skills
- Experience with DHS Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) a plus
- Elastic Certified Engineer (ECE)
- Experience with SIEM technologies: ArcSight, Splunk
- Experience with SAML authentication, familiarity with domain structures, user authentication, and PKI
- Experience with Messaging Queues (e.g. Kafka, RabbitMQ)
- Experience with Microsoft SQL
- Experience with programming and working with regular expressions (XML, Java, PCRE, JSON, Python, Ruby, PowerShell, painless, grok)
- Relevant security certifications a plus: CISSP, CISM, CISA, Security+, CEH
- Understanding of interrelationships between critical infrastructure protection and cybersecurity
- Knowledge and experience with Assessment & Authorization (A&A) processes in Federal environments, preferably with experience utilizing the NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- BS in Computer Science or related field experience required
Years of Experience Requirement
- 2+ years of Elastic stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Beats, Kibana, and X-pack) experience in production
- Reston, VA
- Candidate must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance issued by DHS. Active clearances preferred