ShorePoint is a cybersecurity services firm with a focus on high-profile, high-threat private and public-sector customers who demand experience and proven security models to protect their data. We are seeking an exceptional candidate to serve as a Data Architect on our team to support multiple federal agencies through the CDM Program. The CDM Program is a high-profile, high-visibility, cybersecurity modernization and risk management program where you can contribute innovative solutions. This is a unique opportunity to shape the growth, development and culture of an exciting and emerging company in the cybersecurity market.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide Tier 2 operations and integration support for Civilian Agency CDM Dashboards which include enterprise security tools & sensors, Splunk based data integration layer, and Dashboard views and reports based on the RSA Archer eGRC product family
- Ensure data normalization, correlation, integrity, continuous flow, and availability from security tools & sensors (i.e. McAfee, ForeScout, Tenable, IBM Endpoint Security, etc.) through Splunk to RSA Archer
- Implementation of Data Models and Architecture Standards in the overall solution
- Accomplish extract, transform, and load operations to retrieve enrichment content from existing and legacy Agency systems.
- Conduct appropriate analysis and ensure calls that are unable to be resolved are appropriately forwarded to the Tier 3 Support
Support the following:
- System data validation and integrity
- Performs a variety of complex tasks associated with information security ranging from the design of security components to complex architectures
- Supervises the work of other engineers performing a variety of information security tasks. Capable of independent program supervision.
- Provide initial problem resolution where possible
- Generate, monitor, and track incidents through resolution
- Provide software support
- Maintain frequently asked questions and their resolutions
- Obtain customer feedback and conduct surveys
- Assess architecture and current hardware limitations, defines and designs system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility
- Experience with enterprise implementations of commercial security products including integration with dashboards or Security Information Event Management (SIEM) systems to include ingest of data for rendering within the dashboard or SIEM
- Experience with Splunk, Informatica, ArcSight or equivalent data integration products
- Experience with basic IPv4 local area networking concepts like subnet masking, switches, routers, gateways
- Familiarity with extracting relevant security data from Microsoft Windows and Unix workstations/ servers and applications
- Familiarity with data manipulation technology or scripting language – SQL, PowerShell, Python, Regular Expressions, MS Excel, or equivalent.
- Understanding of the five V’s of big data: volume, variety, velocity, and veracity, value
- Perform systematic analysis of the existing security tool solutions, policies, and procedures
- Familiarity with the NIST SP-800 publications (SP 800-53), FISMA and Agency governance guidelines
- Ability to manipulate data in order to conduct sound and accurate analysis regarding output
- Must be proficient in developing and presenting, both verbally and in writing, highly technical information and presentations to non-technical audiences at all levels of the organization. Audiences for this information include, but are not limited to, senior executives at DHS and other Components.
- Familiarity with ITIL Service Desk principals or experience as a Tier 2 or Tier 3 support technician
- Familiarity with standards such as Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP), Asset Summary Reporting Format (ASR)
- experience implementing and supporting RSA Archer eGRC and Microsoft SQL in Government customer environments
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required
Years of Experience Requirement
Minimum 3 years of information technology experience
- Splunk, RSA Archer, or security product certifications a plus
- CISSP or similar cyber security certifications a plus
Must be clearable to DHS EOD. Secret clearance preferred