ShorePoint is a cybersecurity services firm with a focus on high-profile, high-threat private and public-sector customers who demand experience and proven security models to protect their data.We are seeking a Change Management Analyst who has experience implementing and managing enterprise wide change management programs within the federal market. This is a unique opportunity to shape the growth, development and culture of an exciting and emerging company in the cybersecurity market.
The Change Management Analyst is responsible for developing the process for managing change and the configuration status of production systems in an enterprise environment. They will work closely with configuration managers, technical personnel, project schedulers, project managers, quality analysts, and external stakeholders to identify and evaluate change requests and provide recommendations for the security, performance, and mission impacts to the organization. They will be responsible for tracking all change requests, the process for change management, and reporting of change disposition across the enterprise. They will help conduct change review meetings with both internal and external stakeholders and providing supporting information for all change requests.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain the enterprise change management process for DEFEND E
- Work closely with project managers and technical personnel to identify change requests and provide appropriate documentation requirements for change request submissions
- Develop change management processes to include identification of personnel and their roles and responsibilities in the change management process
- Document change management strategies and assess overall impact of each change request
- Document change disposition and create repositories for change requests and change request history
- Attend and lead change management meetings with appropriate stakeholders
- Provide change management reporting and support contract deliverables
- Adhere to security best practices and comply with government standards
- Analyze mission requirements and make recommendations
- Communicate and present recommendations to senior engineers or managers in written and oral format
- Prior experience, preferably 4+ years with change management
- Experience balancing the demands of multiple clients simultaneously
- Exceptional customer focus and bias for action
- Candidates must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast-moving environment
Prior CDM experience preferred, but not required.
Bachelor’s degree preferred
Years of Experience Requirement
5 years of overall IT or Cyber experience
Certification not required.
Candidate is required to attain a Public Trust Clearance and those in current access will gain first preference.